Things I'd Like To Do In My Thirties
(in no particular order)
- Exit Singledom. (duh)
- Have or adopt at least one child. With or without a man. I can do it. No matter what my sister says.
- Write a novel. It doesn't even have to get published; I just want to put one on paper.
- Have a savings account that doesn't look like I'm still 13 years old.
- Buy a house. Preferably a cute little cottage style house that I can decorate like Meg Ryan's in "You've Got Mail." Wow, I totally just got the irony there.
- Visit Las Vegas and spend entirely too much money on things I'd never do at home.
- Visit Italy and find locations where my father's family lived before they emigrated.
- Get physically fit. I've got 10 years...this is accomplishable, right?
- Ride a motorcycle.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Make, in salary, twice what it cost me to attend college per year.
- Learn to play the guitar.
- See New York City at Christmas time. Preferably with the person who helps me accomplish #1.
- Own a bedroom suite. Like a grown-up one. I'm trying to transition out of "Just got out of college" furniture. It's obviously a slow process.
- Learn how to properly dance. As in, taking a class. And by dancing, I don't mean MTV stuff, I mean "Dancing with the Stars" stuff.
- Learn to speak another language, probably either Spanish or Italian. I could cheat and do Spanish, building up my seven years of schooling to a conversational level.
- Run a 5K. (This will only be accomplishable if I pull off #9, so that's why it's WAY down on the list.)
- Finally get or start my Masters degree that I should have started immediately following undergraduate school, like everybody told me I should have, because then I'd get caught up in life and never go back.
- See at least 5 other Major League Baseball stadiums besides Turner Field. I can't be a baseball fan with such a limited experience.
P.S. I intend to celebrate in style and am seriously considering a week-long themed celebration. You are all invited, of course, and I am completely open to theme suggestions.