Wednesday, July 22, 2026

So, after some rather lengthy chat messages overflowing with wedding planning commentary and a look of sheer delight from my fiance upon mention of the possibility of relieving some of the endless stream of wedding details I share on a constant basis, I have decided that the best use of my blog right now is to allow you some insights as I navigate my way through planning our nuptials.  I have successfully navigated myself out of Singledom, through Coupledom and Relationship-ville.  Surely navigating wedding planning shouldn't be too difficult.

Ha.

My fiance proposed a little over a month ago while we were in Disney World.  It was crazy romantic.  One day I'll share the story with you.  This blog post, however, is more of a rant.  I'll save that story for a day that I'm feeling overly sentimental and I'll fill it with all kinds of eloquence and sweetness and light.  Today, I'm venting.  During our trip back from Disney World, we had plenty of time (prolonged even more by the unusual presence of cattle in the road in the middle of Florida) to do the "dreaming" stage of wedding planning... plotting out exactly what we've always dreamed we wanted long before we got into any of the real-world, budget-limited reality of things.  It was fun.

Being the bride, obviously, the bulk of wedding planning falls in my lap.  And I'm happy to do it.  I've got some event planning experience from previous jobs and watched my sister plan a pretty spectacular wedding of her own with the amount of money that most women on shows like "Say 'Yes' to the Dress" spend on their gown alone.  So, I was feeling pretty confident.  However, I've never planned an event with my own money.  Or with my own opinion and tastes taken into consideration.  My fiance and I are, thankfully, on the same page with just about every element of the decision-making process (or at least he's allowing me to think that way if there are things that he's not overly keen about).    

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails